Sponsored

IELTS WRITING CONTEST - WEEK 8

Discussion in 'IELTS WRITING CONTEST - IWC' started by Hoàng ZIM, Aug 28, 2016.

Follow IELTS Forum để cập nhật những bài học và tài liệu mới:

1. Hoàng ZIM

Hoàng ZIM Master Staff Member

IELTS WRITING CONTEST - WEEK 8

You should spend about 60 minutes on this task.

Topic:
    It has become far common to see people react to being caught by traffic police with aggression and sometimes violence. To what extent do you agree or disagree with such reaction?

You should write at least 250 words.

Start at: 21h22- End at: 22h22.

Ảnh 1.2.jpg

Share This Page

2. Quan Do

Quan Do New Member

[QUOTE = "Hoàng ZIM, bài: năm 1958, thành viên: 3"] IELTS WRITING CONTEST - TUẦN 8

Bạn nên dành khoảng 60 phút vào nhiệm vụ này.

Đề tài:
    Nó đã trở nên phổ biến để xem mọi người phản ứng khi bị bắt bởi cảnh sát giao thông với sự xâm lược và đôi khi bạo lực. Tới mức độ nào bạn đồng ý hay không đồng ý với phản ứng như vậy?

Bạn nên viết ít nhất 250 từ.

Bắt đầu lúc: 21h22 - Kết thúc tại: 22h22 .

[ATTACH = full] 193 [/ ATTACH]
    [/ QUOTE]

Share This Page

3. Nguyễn Trường An

Nguyễn Trường An Master

It is true that it has been increasingly common that there are agressive reactions towards traffic police when people are caught by them. While some people insist that traffic police deserve those agressive attitudes, I disagree with that viewpoint.

On the one hand, it is obvious that people have some reasons for yelling at traffic police. Firstly,as traffic police make people pay heavy fines without any convincing reasons, people may feel unfair. Therefore, they may feel angry as they lose their money in an absurd way. For example, in Nghệ An, there is a woman who yells at traffic police as they stop her unreasonably. Secondly, as there are lots of bad rumours about traffic police, the feeling of suspicion may grow among people, which has led to prejudice against traffic police. Therefore, people may think that traffic police are greedy guys, and violent reactions are inevitable.

On the other hand, I disagree with those attitudes towards traffic police. As they play an indispensable role in reducing traffic jam and deterring people from driving carelessly, people should not have rude reactions against them. If there were no traffic police, congestion might be a big concern of our society. Secondly, as they are public figures, people would be punished if they reacted to them with violent reactions. If no one was in compliance with traffic police, traffic rules would be useless. Therefore, there would be no way to address the problem of traffic jam.

In conclusion, I am convinced that civilians should not have aggressive reactions towards traffic police as they have some positive impacts on traffic jam and our society.

Share This Page

4. EagleHorn

EagleHorn Master

People use transportation likes cars, motorbikes a lot to go from a place to a place. But when they use it, they may go overspeed and when this happens, traffic police stops them and fine them. And some people they don't like this and they behave badly. While i agree that this hostility is wrong, i would argue that some traffic police stops people to fine because of the tiny little problems that don't worthy.
    Firstly, with some people behave badly, they are definitely wrong. Because they go overspeed for some reasons or they go on the wrong line, traffic police has to stop them to reduce the traffic accidents. In Vietnam, there has been more than 50 accidents per day because of this problem. But with some people they react to the traffic police with aggression and sometimes they attack police with anger. This attitude is absolutely wrong.
    Secondly, some traffic police stops people to fine because of the tiny little problems that don't worthy . They want to take money from other people for other purposes. For example, when you get caught from the traffic police and you don't know why, you just give them some moneys and they will let you go with no fine tickets. This wrong morality happens in many country and in some places.
    Inconclusion, to the people who react to traffic police with aggression and sometimes violence, they should learn how to control anger and talk to the traffic police kindly, maybe the police will let you go.

Share This Page

5. Khanh Nguyen21

Khanh Nguyen21 New Member

As the modern society, speaking up your ideas is very important, that explain why recently, many anger and debate between traffic police and law-violated people has been increasing. In my opinion, I disagree with those attitudes.

Speaking for your own words is important in the modern life. We can share our ideas with other people, even our prime minister. For example: in any election, the President of any country always need to listen to the people’s voice. Therefore, those people wanted to say their opinion about police’s work, were they truly violated the law, or this is just the action of corruption or bribery. Furthermore, I think it is not all about the wanted to speak up, it is also the faded of trust to the weak policy system which contain many problems to equal its own and the citizen’s benefit.

From another perspective, the police have to do daily jobs, therefore, prevented people to commit crimes is their duty. However, they need to be accurate and strict in any fault by showing the evidence. For instant, when stopping people car, they should show the drivers their fault was caught in the camera, also tell them it was violated which section in the law code. The old people has a sentence, hundred listen cannot compare with one see. In addition, they need to gain back people trust not only for the police but also for the hold running policy, by trust simply doing their job in the most honest way.

In conclusion, I believe the important of speak up your mind and also strict to the rule cannot be which one is more important because they share the equal meaning to our society

Words count: 283

Share This Page

6. Phạm Hồng Thạo

Phạm Hồng Thạo New Member

It has become more common these days to see violators in traffic react in coarse way when they are stopped by traffic officers. Personally, I completely disagree with such kind of behavior.

From one stand point, the feeling of resentment when people are caught by police is understandable. Firstly, violators always believe that they do not deserve the punishments and that being kept at the stops to deal with paper works is time- consuming. Secondly, there is nothing surprised to witness such kind of action of people who have low level of education. The knowledge shortage on traffic laws are likely the main reason leading to that rude way of reaction. Additionally, I have to say that the model of the officials in the eyes of citizens is not that "beautiful" as old days, when all the commonwealths believed that they are served by trustful people. Many scandals involving extortion has come to the light that ruin the image of polices, which makes some traffic violators fail to show their respect to the them.

However, I will not advocate that people get angry or even resort to violence in some incidents. Firstly, traffic polices are the representatives of law and their works are surely based on the benefits of all citizens in the communities. Thanks to them, traffic regulations and disciplines are maintained, which ensures the safe and fine-in-feeling travelling for drivers. For instance, people with reckless style of driving that can pose big or even fatal threats for others are kept a close eye by polices; and that means they have to be more serious with their way of driving. Secondly, accepting the aggression or violence as normal will go against the value of a modern and civil society, where the good manners and respect should be encouraged.

In conclusion, I would argue that the rude way of reaction, ranging from anger to violence should be severely criticized. We are trying to make this world more beautiful which expects the harmony from every interaction between people.

Share This Page

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Ngoca Anh likes this.
  7. minhducgermany

minhducgermany Master

One of the most controversial issues today relates to the supposed popularity of punishment many people by money from traffic police with dishonesty. Personally, I strongly agree with this trend.

One of the strongest arguments in favor of a lagre of civilians who are dishonestly fined a sum of money by law enforcers can be attributed to the insatiable greed of yellow-suited police. The main reason for believing this is the law enforces who always take interest in rising their salaries and fill illegal horde of money, hence the monetary role is increasingly importance with them. This can result in many citizens, who lose belief in life, with a sense of fear as they are driving their vehicles.

A further point which needs to be considered is the corruption of officials. Government always grants a large number of rules in many routes in order to merge many complicated pills and the traffic police can easily fine drivers a sum of money. As a consequence, a large of drivers find it hard recognize a punch of laws in traffic and of course they devore a lot of money when they are caught by traffic police.

There are, however, some arguments that support the reaction of people when they are caught by police with aggression and violence. The most typical of these is such police remains means of lving. They always receive the amount of pressure from society and from their families which get to work everyday with their passion and shoulder with monetary role. Therefore, every civilians need to appreciate them and thanks them for their missions.

In conclusion, I tend to believe that it is a good trend. The government should grant many policies for supporting traffic police and give a large number of clearly laws, hence the civilians can be comfortable when they drive their vehicles for working places.

Share This Page

8. td7122004

td7122004 Master

In modern life, traffic offence can be seen easily in the street. Nevertheless, instead of seriously following the fine of the police, the infringers seem to repel it aggressively. In my opinion, that issue is unacceptable and should not be existed.

On the one hand, that reaction often comes from the psycologies of the contraveners. Firstly, sometimes they break the traffic laws because they are hurry of their essential affairs. Therefore, when they are caught, they know their time is being wasted, which mixes their mind up and causes their sudden reactions. Besides, some people have hated the police already. Thus, facing with someone they hate may causes their inhibitions, especially when the policemen are giving them punishments that they do not want to fall in.

On the other hand, the police should take their responsibilities to this problem. Some policemen just want to take the fine from infringers without explaining their faults enough, caused by their lack of experience to face with the citizens. For example, there was a leaked video in Youtube last month about a lady from Nghe An being caught by the police. However, the policemen cannot shown legal documents to prove that they are real police, and which laws she was offended. The debatement between them continued for 30 minutes without finding a common voice. That was time-wasting because the police did not know what to do in case of being asked.

To conclude, I disagree with the opinion about hampering reactions to the public securities. People have to take their responsibilities for all what they do in the street, even from any reasons. I hope that problem will be repel in the future, though that is only happened due to the efforts came from both the contraveners and the polices.

(296 words)

Share This Page

9. anhthumai

anhthumai Master

Since some small parts of traffic police intend to work illegally on their watches for extra earnings, people instinctively have improper attitude when they are got caught by police, which is totally unnecessary but unfortunately frequently happens nowadays. Here are some of my opinion towards this topic:

Firstly, as all people cannot guarantee that they always follow the rules of traffic, police system exists to assure we obey the rule and fine who do not. Getting caught by the traffic police is mostly the result of your wrong driving and therefore you cannot be angry at somebody is doing their job. And even if you are right under some circumstances, there is unreasonable to be violent too since laws exists to protect you.

Secondly, being aggressive or sometimes violence is against the rule which is called “obstruct the police”. In society, there are rules must be followed since legal system builds country and polices is one of the factors represent that system. The population of one country is large but not everyone is good and thinkable. Society needs polices doing their job well and absolutely does not need violent people in life. If even the polices that people dare to be aggressive at, what is the social order?

Consequently, despite of some inappropriate works of some polices, being violent or aggressive is not right even if the police is wrong. All systems have the rule and the justices comes to those who are right.